From my non-gay readers


It is hard for me to talk about my writing in an objective way. I suppose that's true for most writers. So I look to outside comments to get a sense of how my writing comes across to my readers. My books are recently published, but one common thread emerging from the comments I have received so far is that books about gay characters in situations that have to do with being gay apparently strike a chord with my non-gay readers. The experience of living in a world meant for other people transcends the borders society has drawn. I would like to thank my readers for sharing their thoughtful and encouraging comments, and I would like to share them with you here:

"As a parent, it makes you consider the brave journey of our rainbow children/young adults. To help understand their inner struggle to normalize their feelings against a backdrop of the potential for unrealistic parental expectation."

"Your book had great meaning to me. My stepson is gay and his journey with his mum in coming out was similar to your story. I loved the expectations of the parents not matching their children. So sad and so common."

"So many people go through life feeling this same way, unwanted by society; I think that's what I relate to most in this book."

"Don't let the LGBT label fool you. The story's amazing."

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To live in a world meant for other people

5 Star Review from Amazon Hall of Fame Top 100 Reviewer Grady Harp - Clifford and Claudia

My Books Reviewed at San Francisco Review of Books