Sometimes you need to look twice. I know I do.


In many ways, Japan gets things exactly right. I moved here by accident a long time ago, and the country still surprises me. Before coming here, I accepted a lot of what I thought I knew about the world, only to discover that our man-made borders are tall and strong and act as walls to block the flow of general information. Of course, the internet helps to break down these walls, but so much information is buried in the avalanche we call social media, and the loudest voices seem to determine what we absorb. We simply can't sift through the rest. Time is just not on our side. But we do have a choice. The choice to look twice at things that come our way. Ask ourselves if what is in front of us makes sense or not. Ask ourselves if a different view might not explain things better. No matter where I live, I feel that I live in a world meant for other people. Truth be told, I feel no more foreign in Japan than I did in New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Los Angeles. I am always on the outside, looking around. And no matter where I am, I've learned that sometimes you need to look twice.

Comments

  1. Ever wanted to get free Twitter Followers?
    Did you know you can get them ON AUTO-PILOT AND ABSOLUTELY FOR FREE by using Add Me Fast?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Star Review from Amazon Hall of Fame Top 100 Reviewer Grady Harp - Clifford and Claudia

To live in a world meant for other people

How does a gay author reach a general audience? (No, really. How?)