Words - Edward Albee


Nobody's asking you to remember every single goddamn Warner Brother's epic...just one! One single little epic! Bette Davis has peritonitis in the end...she's got this big black fright wig she wears all through the picture and she gets peritonitis, and she's married to Joseph Cotten or something...

***

I said I was impressed, Martha. I'm beside myself with jealousy. What do you want me to do, throw up?

***

Alright... what do you want me to say? Do you want me to say it’s funny, so you can contradict me and say it’s sad? Or do you want me to say it’s sad so you can turn around and say no, it’s funny. You can play that damn little game any way you want to, you know!

***

Martha is 108... years old. She weighs somewhat more than that.

***

George is bogged down in the History Department. He’s an old bog in the History Department, that’s what George is. A bog. . . . A fen. . . . A G.D. swamp. Ha, ha, ha, HA! A SWAMP! Hey, swamp! Hey SWAMPY!


- Edward Albee, Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To live in a world meant for other people

5 Star Review from Amazon Hall of Fame Top 100 Reviewer Grady Harp - Clifford and Claudia

My Books Reviewed at San Francisco Review of Books