Words - Truman Capote


Just before I taped him, Mr. Clutter asked me - and these were his last words - wanted to know how his wife was, if she was all right, and I said she was fine, she was ready to go to sleep, and I told him it wasn't long till morning, and how in the morning somebody would find them, and then all of it, me and Dick and all, would seem like something they dreamed. I wasn't kidding him. I didn't want to harm the man. I thought he was a very nice gentleman. Soft-spoken. I thought so right up to the moment I cut his throat.

- Truman Capote, In Cold Blood

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To live in a world meant for other people

5 Star Review from Amazon Hall of Fame Top 100 Reviewer Grady Harp - Clifford and Claudia

My Books Reviewed at San Francisco Review of Books