Goodreads 5 Star Review for The Story of Teddy and Eddie

The Story of Teddy and Eddie
AnnLoretta’s Review
5 Star Review on Goodreads
Jan 2, 2016


This is a hard review to write. They’re easy to throw together when a bazillion readers have turned the pages before you, and even easier when the book is about people you don’t know, about strangers, about, oh, the 19th century or about the 24th. When a book is new, when a book is about you, yourself, when it’s a call to do something you’ve known for a long time you have to do, it’s very, very difficult to read, let along write and publish your comments and put them out there for the community to see.

I am Nino. Not in identical ways, but people are people are people. Or maybe what I mean is all people have the potential to be persons. Some of us grew up in “withering shadows of gray.” Some of us “Live in a future with a population of one.”

For me it was a personally painful book. But I can work harder than that. This is a beautiful book. It’s a clarion call to change the present, which you can only do by changing the past, and then, then, then you can be open to the future. I've known that for a long time, but this book articulated it for me. 

Can’t recommend it enough.

EDIT: Oh, I guess I'm supposed to mention that Mr. Halat gave me this book as a gift, not knowing me from Adam. Not in exchange for a review, I don't think, but believe me, if I were any more honest I'd be levitating...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To live in a world meant for other people

My Books Reviewed at San Francisco Review of Books

How does a gay author reach a general audience? (No, really. How?)